It is possible to block or redirect a site using settings on your firewall or router. But did you know that it is possible to block or redirect web sites utilizing Active Directory Domain solutions (DNS) aswell? Just make use of these actions.
This tutorial assumes you’ve got Administrator legal rights in your Active Directory Environment, with usage of Microsoft Management Console.
Producing Ahead Lookup Zone
- Choose “Start“, type “mmc.exe“, then push “Enter“.
- The Microsoft Management Console seems. Choose “File” > “Add/Remove Snap In…“.
- Include the snap that is“DNS, then select “OK“
- Select “DNS” regarding the left pane. You need to be prompted to “Connect to DNS Server“. Choose “This computer” if you’re logged to the DNS host, or select “The following computer” and go into the website name or internet protocol address of this DNS host you want to hook up to. Choose “OK” while you are done.
- Now expand the host title under DNS and“Forward that is right-click Lookup” and select “New Zone“. Continue reading Utilize Active Directory Domain Services to Block Web Site